Friday 6 February 2015

The Village Haberdashery #TVHHAUL competition

Hi all,

I wanted to share with you something pretty exciting today! Over the past month I have entered a competition run by the lovely, The Village Haberdashery, a friendly run London based fabric and haberdashery shop. They ran a competition with the chance of winning £50 to spend in store. All you had to do was to tag photographs of your purchases from The Village Haberdashery or any makes you had created with goods from their shop on Instagram. Using the tag #tvhhaul, you could share your photographs to be in with a chance of winning. There would be five winners chosen at random, and one winner chosen in the "Most Creative Catagory".

Well this got me thinking! I wanted to enter and I had two new parcels from The Village Haberdashery, but I wanted to do something different than just a photograph. How about over a hundred photographs joined together?!

So here was my first entry into the competition....



I wanted to create a video of me opening up my parcel from the amazing Boxing Day sale they had!
Just click the play button to watch the video.

My next entry to the competition was an idea I had lodged in my brain from the moment I ordered my fabric. This fabric is quite possibly one of my all time favourite fabrics. What is not to love about a fabric covered in Octopus!!! 🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙
This wonderful fabric is brought to you by Sarah Watts, or Wattsalot for Cotton + Steel who, in my opinion never disappoint with the quality of their fabrics. 


So guys, you will never guess what!!!

I won, in the most creative catagory!!!
There were some really awesome entries in the competition, so I feel super lucky to have been picked, and I can only thank Annie, from The Village Haberdashery for holding this competition!!

If you would like to see a selection of the other entries, hop over to the The Daily Stitch to read more about the competition...... And maybe be inspired to enter their Febuary competition?

Now I just have the tough task of deciding what to order with my fabrics..... Decisions, decisions. 

If you would like to keep up to date with my videos, updates and progress shots of my makes, pop by my Instagram. It would be lovely to see some more friendly faces over there!


That's all for now, hope to see you again soon. 

~HJF~







No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram