Monday 19 January 2015

Christmas dress.... In January?!

I love a good christmas outfit, it was always a highlight as a child, what I got to wear on Christmas Day, and I guess not much has changed.

This year I decided on a dress, to be precise the Sew Over It - Ultimate shift dress.

I have made this dress three times now, it's a really simple shift dress, A-line shape and can be whipped up in a couple of hours. 

I made my first one for a wedding last October and made a few changes to the pattern for round two. 

I decided I wanted to go with a rather Christmassy fabric, and add a bit of bling.

So I did just that... I went with a holly print fabric with gold accents. 
But that just wasn't enough! 
I decided to bead the cuffs and stitch gems round the neckline. 
That's where it all went a bit wrong. 

This seemed like an excellent idea, really, it did. But somehow I managed to go from sixties inspired shift, to a dress fit for a glamour nana. Bad times. 
I still like it, and believe it or not, it looks a lot better on than it does on the hanger. 
I sadly didn't get to wear this on Christmas Day, or Boxing Day as planned as I wasn't well. I think this one might be left hanging in the wardrobe until next year. 

Thanks for stopping by and reading my seasonally inappropriate post. 

~HJF~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram