Monday 12 January 2015

Embroidered wedding gift

Hi all, 

So after our wedding in July we were totally overwhelmed by the amazing gifts we received from friends and family. We received some lovely presents and some really personal gifts from people who had really thought about us as a couple. 

When my cousins wedding was fast approaching last august I decided I wanted to make them something personal for their wedding gift, I struggled to settle on something and in the end decided on an embroidered piece relating to their wedding day.

I sketched out my design freehand and using my (homemade) lightbox I transferred the design to my calico fabric. 



I then used watercolour paints to add colour to my work. I free machine embroidered the rest of the piece using different shades of blue and green. I then finished it with some hand embroidered french knots. 
Here is the finished embroidery, excuse the poor quality photographs, I forgot to snap it before I framed it. I really enjoyed making this for my cousin, there are definitely a few changes I would make next time around. The feather shapes need some improvement and I would maybe throw in another colour just to mix things up a bit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram