Sunday 11 January 2015

Vintage look baby romper

I wanted a small knitting project to see me through a couple of evenings. Now, I admit I am not the best of knitters! I am slow.... So I needed something fairly simple. I usually knit for a purpose but, I decided a baby garment would be a good idea. 

So a baby romper it is! 
                                     
I used a lovely pattern called Lesley from dailyknitter.com (link below)

http://www.dailyknitter.com/lesley.html

I knit this up pretty much as the pattern states but I added a striped bib section and a ribbed straps. This is knit for a 0-6 month old baby, but I see it being of more use in a larger size, knit in cotton for the summer. 
           
                                     

I plan to knit this up again soon, but I will make a few changes along the way. I plan to use a moss stitch for the bib section and lengthen the ribbing on the legs. It looks a little messy around the straps, so I hope to improve this next time around, but all in all I loved knitting this up, so quick too!
                              
                                     
                          



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram